? ??????????????Magenta? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.7 (11 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 4793 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Hope Blooms (Pink)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (97 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 8861 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Summer Shoe BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scratch that last post.

Let me clarify that last entry. I think I am going to love being a nurse, however, after being in the OR today, I will not be an OR nurse. I love blood and I love watching surgeries, but it is so boring.... Once the incision was made and I hit the forth hour standing by a bed I was over it.
Today I watched two surgeries of men who had their prostates removed. The only thing I was sure of when I walked out of that room today was that my wedding night would be of no surprise to me.... If I am allowed to say that on my blog.
Anyway the doctor was playing jazz music which put everyone to sleep; the circulating nurse was reading a quilting book; and the nurse anesthetist was on the computer most of the time... Okay it wasn't that bad, but it really was a very slow-paced day. The only exciting part was when no one could get the artificial airway in the first patient and when I ate my lunch... My job, I am happy to say, was to hold the client's hand.... It was exciting to do something. Leave me alone. His respirations were 0 for what seemed like forever. I was impressed he made it out alive.
One thing that is pretty awesome whenever I go to the hospital is I actually get to watch everything that I have been reading about for the past 2 years! I love it. It makes me feel like the hundreds and hundreds of pages I read are not going to waste...
Love my family. Love my life.

1 comments:

Brad and Allie said...

Amy I am so excited for you to be a nurse!! What an exciting adventure! P.S. When are you coming to visit San Diego...I haven't seen you in forever!