? ??????????????Magenta? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.7 (11 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 4793 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Hope Blooms (Pink)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (97 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 8861 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Summer Shoe BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I think I am really going to love being a nurse.

Last week at the hospital was amazing! I loved my patient. His heart was failing him and he was waiting for a transplant. He had an LVAD which is basically a machine outside of your body that pumps your heart for you. So incredible! He has no pulse and you can't take his blood pressure,but he is still alive... So crazy. I think this might be one of the reasons why I love the hospital, love the human body and love medicine! It is incredible what we can do these days and whats even wierder is we all talk about these procedures and treatments so nonchalantly like they aren't even a big deal. I have been learning about this stuff for what seems like forever and still I cease to be amazed with the human body and what it is capable of and I would say I am about 97.14% sure that it didn't come about by rubbing some rocks together... Anyway my patient really cemented in my head this week that the nurse is the patient's advocate. Doctor's, nurses, and CNAs all just shuffelled through the room and he told he same things to all of them. It wasn't until they all left and I was just in there to spend time with him that he voiced his true feelings to me about what was going on in his treatment. I loved it. He trusted me or he was trying to make conversation... one or the other. In the short time that I was there I can honestly say that I grew to love my patient. He was such a sweet man and as soon as I walked in the room with him he could tell that I was scared out of my mind. So to ease my nerves, he told me that there is a first time for everything and all the skills I need will come with practice. He then went on to tell me about the first time he stuck his hand into a pig's uterus (his words). Again, I think he was trying to make conversation. I loved it. Love the hospital. Love my family. Love my life.

0 comments: